Capiz International Triathlon 2018
- Open Elite Php 3,000.00
- Standard 2,500.00
- Sprint 2,000.00
- Relay 3,600.00
- Kids 1,000.00
Early bird entry fee:
- Standard 2,000.00
- Sprint 1,500.00
- Relay 2,500.00
- Kids 700.00
Early birds entry will start on Dec 1, 2017 and end on Jan 15, 2018
Deadline of all entries is midnight of April 09, 2018
- Standard Distance: 1.5km Swim + 40km Bike + 10km Run
- Sprint Distance: 750m Swim + 20km Bike + 5km Run
- Relay Distance: 1.5km Swim + 40km Bike + 10km Run
- Individual competitors must clearly indicate upon registration which category they will compete.
- Relay Entries: Teams must consist of three individuals, and please indicate clearly what each team member will do (swim, bike, or run). Mixed teams can be two (2) males and one (1) female; or two (2) females and one (1) male.
- Please indicate Blood type upon registration.
- Please indicate Contact person in case of emergency.
- 6 years & below Swim 100 meters
- Bike 300 meters
- Run 300 meters
- 7-8 yearsSwim 200 meters
- Bike 500 meters
- Run 500 meters
- 9-10 yearsSwim 300 meters
- Bike 1 kilometer
- Run 1 kilometer
- 11-13Swim 300 meters
- Bike 2 kilometers
- Run 2 kilometers
- 14-16Swim 500 meters
- Bike 3 kilometers
- Run 3 kilometers
- 45 & above
- 45 & above
- 45 & above
- 50 & above
If you have to withdraw from the Capiz International Triathlon competition, withdrawals will only be accepted in writing. The Event organizer will only accept withdrawal until February 28, 2018 he or she will be entitled to the following refund: Regular Rate: 50% of registration fee may be refunded by the organizer. Any bank charges for refunds will be charge to the participant. No more refunds after February 28, 2018. For hotel bookings, the withdrawing competitor will get a Fifty Percent (50%) refund of the actual cost.
Note: No refund for hotel reservations after February 28, 2018.
Please inform Event organizer of your intention to withdraw in writing e-mail. E-mail address is email@example.com.
Telephone and verbal messages will not be accepted.
For questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Participants are required to heed directions and instruction of all race officials and public authorities.
- Helmet should be worn and fasted once the bike is taken from the transition rack, until the bike is racked in the transition area.
- Wearing earphones during the race is not allowed. Take off and transfer of chip for the Team Relay is allowed only at the designated space at Transition Area
- Course marshals shall have authority to disqualify race participants. Medical personnel shall have ultimate and final authority to remove a participant from the race if the participant is judged to be physically incapable of continuing the race without risk of serious injury or death. Medical transport of any participant will result in DNF (did not finish).
- No participant may use any drug or substance prohibited by IOC Doping Control Rules.
- Fraud, theft, abusive treatment of volunteers and other acts of poor sportsmanship are grounds for immediate disqualification.
- If the participants decides to withdraw from the race at any time, it is the responsibility of the participants to notify official timing personnel or Race Officials immediately.
- Capiz International Triathlon reserves the right to make rule changes at any time provided all participants are notified in writing or at the mandatory pre-race briefing on April 13, 2018.
- Each swimmer must wear the swim cap provided by the race organizer.
- All swimmers must be numbered at the Transition Area when checking in on race morning or at the race start between 5:00am and 6:00am
- No wetsuits, fins, aqua socks, gloves, paddles or flotation devices of any kind allowed.
- Swim goggles may be worn.
- No individual paddles or escorts allowed.
- Any assistance resulting in the participant improving his competitive position will result in immediate disqualification.
- It is legal for participant to arrange for family, friends or coaches to hand-off eyeglasses and other special items after the swim.
- All such hand-offs must be made along the chute between the swim finish and the transition area.
Any participants failing to follow Yellow Flag Area rules and restrictions will be penalized between 1 and 5 minutes depending on the severity of the violation. Participants attempting to take a competitive advantage in a Yellow Flag Area will most heavily penalized. Official waving a green flag identify the end of the Yellow Flag Area. Once the rider exits the Yellow Flag Area he/she may immediately resume racing.
- No tandems, recumbent, fairings or any device designed exclusively to reduce air resistance are allowed.
- DRAFTING: Riding in a stationary position within 10 meters of another contestant is illegal drafting. It is the responsibility of each contestant to maintain legal spacing and the decision of course marshals pertaining to drafting violations shall be final. At their discretion, course marshals may issue these penalties for draft zone violations:
- YELLOW CARD-FOOT DOWN PENALTY
Athletes shown a yellow card, or where a penalty is otherwise indicated by a marshal, shall immediately and safely bring their bike to a complete stop on the edge of the road and put both feet on the road surface. When indicated to do so by the marshal, the athlete may mount their bike and continue the race. The marshal shall in self-discretion, determine the length of the penalties assessed at the end of the bike. Any athlete arguing with the marshal or otherwise demonstrating against a drafting penalty shall be immediately disqualified.
- RED CARD – DISQUALIFICATION
Participant repeatedly or intentionally violating the draft zone shall be shown a red card by the marshal that he or she has been disqualified. While disqualified athletes may ride back to the transition area to gather their equipment, any argument or protest against the disqualification, effort to continue the race, or pass through the time points at the bike/ run transition shall result in expulsion from future Capiz International Triathlons.
- Each participant must wear their appropriate race number at times while on the course. Race numbers issued by the Capiz International Triathlon organizing team identify the official Participants in the race. Folding, cutting a race number, intentional alteration of any kind or failure to wear the race number so that it is plainly visible is strictly prohibited and may result in disqualification.
- An approved helmet is required during the entire bike race. Any participant seen riding without an approved helmet is to be immediately disqualified. Leather or vinyl hairnet helmet are not allowed. Helmets must be securely buckled at all times competitors are on the bike.
- No individual support is allowed except as permitted by these rules of friends, family members or supporters of any type may not bike or drive alongside contestants, may not pass food or other items to participants and should be warned to stay completely clear of all participants to avoid the disqualification of a participant. It is incumbent upon each participants to immediately reject any attempt to assist, follow or escort.
- Each participant will be individually responsible for repair and maintenance of his/her own bike. Assistance by anyone other than race personnel will be grounds for immediate disqualification. Each cyclist should be prepared to handle any possible mechanical malfunction.
- Cyclists are required to heed directions and instructions of all the officials and public authorities.
- Participants may walk their bike if necessary.
- Cyclists are individually responsible for following traffic laws and are solely responsible for the consequences of any infractions. Cyclists being in violation of traffic laws may be disqualified. At all times, participants should remain on the road except when indicated otherwise by officials.
- While there will be traffic control equipment on the bike course it may be impossible to completely close the roads. Therefore, at all times during the race, participants should assume that cars may be on the road and take the necessary safety precautions.
- Yellow Lone Rule: On out and back sections on the course, contestants must stay on the INNER side of the road.
- Athletes are advised to take extreme care on all turns and in areas where there are driveways.
- Because of the heat, it is highly recommended that all competitor bikes have a minimum of two water bottle cages.
- Yellow Flag Areas and Rules: The purpose of the Yellow Flag Area is to slow all bikes to safe speed through a dangerous area and to assure athletes that they will not suffer a competitive disadvantage by riding carefully through the area. Inside the Yellow Flag Area riders must:
- Sit up on handlebars with hands on the brakes.
- Ride no faster than 20kph.
- No form of locomotion other than running, walking or crawling is allowed.
- Runners must wear race number at all times while on course. Race number must be placed on front of runner where it is clearly visible. Folding, cutting race number, intentional alteration of any kind, or failure to wear race number is strictly prohibited and may result in disqualification.
- Individual support vehicles or non- participant escort runners are NOT allowed and will completely clear of all participants to avoid the disqualification of a participant. It is incumbent upon each participants to immediately reject any attempt to assist, follow or escort. It is permissible for a participants who is still competing to run with other participants who are still competing.
- Runners are expected to follow the direction and instruction of all race officials and public authorities.
- All participants must wear a covering on their upper body during the run and bike portions of the event
All rules applying to individual competitors apply to relay competitors except where such rules conflict with specific relay rules.
- Relay teams must be composed of two or three athletes- one swimmer, one cyclist and one runner. Team members can be either same gender or any combination of male/female. The minimum age of participants is 16 years old, unless agreed beforehand by the race committee.
- The relay team ‘chip transfer’ area must be within the marked Relay Team Area in the transition area. There will be a Relay Team Referee overseeing the ‘chip transfer’ of each team member. A ‘chip transfer’ happens outside of the Relay Team Area, the team will not be included in the official results.
- Any relay team interfering with an individual competitor or way placing an individual competitor at a competitive disadvantage will be disqualified.
- Relay swimmers will start at the same time as their respective distance event.
- All relay swimmers must wear the official race swim cap throughout the swim portion of the race. The swim cap must not be removed from the swimmer’s head until after the timing chip is passed to the team cyclist.
- All relay bikes must be placed in the designated bike racks in the Transition Area. Team bikes must not be removed from the designated bike rack until AFTER the timing chip has been passed onto the team cyclist.
- After receiving the timing chip the cyclist must WALK their bike through the transition area of the MOUNT LINE. At this time cyclists may not mount their bike and depart.
- Upon completion of the bike leg and arrival at the Transition Area, cyclists must dismount at the DISMOUNT LINE and WALK their bike back the designated bike rack. Once the cyclist has entered the marked Team Relay Area, they may hand off the timing chip to the runner. Once the runner has attached the timing chip, he/she may depart on the run course. Cyclists must re-rack their bike on the designated bike rack.
WAIVER AND RELEASE AGREEMENT
I HEREBY ASSUME THE RISKS OF PARTICIPATING IN TRIAKSYON 2017 EVENTS.
I certify that I am physically fit and have sufficiently trained for participation in this event, and have not been advised against participation by a qualified health professional. In consideration for allowing me to participate in Triaksyon 2017 events, I hereby take the following action for myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors, and assigns, or anyone else who might claim or sue on my behalf, and I expressly acknowledge that it is my intent to take these actions:
a) I AGREE to abide by the Competitive Rules adopted by Triaksyon organizers, including the Medical Control Rules as they may be amended from time to time, and I acknowledge that my registration may be disqualified or forfeited for violation of the Competitive Rules.
b) I AGREE that prior to participating in this event I will inspect the race course, facilities, equipment, and areas to be used and if I believe any are unsafe I will immediately advise the person supervising the event activity facilities or area.
c) I waive, release, AND DISCHARGE from any and all claims, losses, or liabilities for death, personal injury, partial or permanent disability, property damage, medical or hospital bills, theft, or damage of any kind, including economic losses, which may in the future arise out of or related to my participation in or my traveling to and from the event, THE FOLLOWING PERSONS OR ENTITIES: EVENT SPONSORS, RACE DIRECTORS, EVENT PRODUCERS, VOLUNTEERS, ALL CITIES, COUNTRIES, OR LOCALITIES IN WHICH EVENTS OR SEGMENTS OF EVENTS ARE HELD, AND THE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYERS, REPRESENTITIVES AND AGENTS OF ANY OF THE ABOVE. EVEN IF SUCH CLAIMS, LOSSES, OR LIABILITIES ARE CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENT ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF THE PERSONS I AM HEREBY RELEASING OR ARE CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENT ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY;.
d) I ACKNOWLEDGE, that there may be traffic or persons ON THE course, route and I ASSUME THE RISK OF RUNNING, BIKING, SWIMMING OR PARTICIPATING IN THE EVENTS. I also ASSUME ANY AND ALL OTHER RISKS associated with participating in Capiz international Triathlon (TRIAKSYON) events including, but not limited to falls, contact and/or effects with other participants, effects of weather including heat and / or humidity, defective equipment, the condition of the roads, water hazards, contact with other swimmers or boats, and any hazard that may be posed by spectators or volunteers. All such risks being known and appreciated by me, I further acknowledge that these risks include risks that may be the result of the negligence of the persons or entities mentioned above in paragraph (c) or of other persons or entities;".
e) I AGREE NOT TO SUE any of the persons or entities mentioned above in paragraph (c) for any of the claims, losses, or liabilities that I have waived, released, or discharged herein;".
f) I INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS the persons or entities mentioned above in paragraph (c) from any and all claims made or liabilities assessed against them as a result of: (I) my actions or inaction's: (ii) the action's, inaction's or negligence of others including those parties hereby indemnified: (iii) the conditions of the facilities, equipment or areas where the event or activity is being conducted: (iv) the Competitive Rules; or (v) any other harm caused by occurrence related to the event;".
g) I GRANT PERMISSION for the use of my name and / or likeness relating to my participation in Capiz International Triathlon (Triaksyon) event, and I WAIVE all rights to any future compensation to which I may otherwise be entitled as a result of the use of my name or likeness;".
h) I AGREE to my registration details/record being held on computer database and shared with other agencies involved in regulating sport as necessary; and".
i) I UNDERSTAND that Capiz International Triathlon (Triaksyon) may inform or notify me of business by post, e-mail or by posting the relevant information on its website (www.capiztriaksyon.com).".
j) I accept that making payment for Capiz international Triathlon registration via this online system does not, in itself, guarantee that my registration will be accepted. Occasionally, circumstances may arise that prevent the organizers for granting.
k) I understand that my registration fee for Capiz International Triathlon (Triaksyon) may include a processing and handling fee.
I HEREBY AFFIRM THAT I AM EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OLD OR OLDER, I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT, AND I UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS
I HEREBY AFFIRM THAT I AM EIGHTEEN (18 YEARS OLD OR OLDER AND AS PARENT/GUARDIAN OF THE NAMED JUNIOR I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT AND UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS
All rights reserved.